Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Having a bad face day

 
It's few things that will keep me stayed in the house more so than a bad face day.  I suspect that's true for a lot of people, I don't think I'm alone in this self-consciousness.

Bad hair day?  Between aging curly locks and the weather always at some level of humidity, I suffer those on a regular basis.  Everyone has their own solution for days when your hair just doesn't want to cooperate.  Bed Head Stick is one of my personal standbys, assisted by a cute hat.  The hat, whether a fashionable slouchy hat or baseball cap, has to be somewhat presentable or that just makes it even worse. 

Broken foot, sprained finger?  Any bodily injury would be worn as a badge of honor.  Regardless of whether it occurred as a sporting accident, a clumsy fall, or a serious condition.   If we are able to be mobile, we will proudly go out, showing off all of our medical accessories, even cutely embellished.

But a bad face?  In the house.  You know what a bad face day is.  It's generally marked by a very large pimple or series of them in a prominent place on your face.  Or your kid swings a racket and accidentally hits it with you, causing a beautiful black & blue on your eye.  Or it can be your cheeks swollen like a
chipmunk from dental surgery.  Its some facial blemish not easily covered even by a good brush over of MAC. 

What can you do for such a thing?  You want to wear a button that says "I don't usually look like this!" for all those people you will never see again, or worse - those people you will!  But what can you do?  You can't hide forever.  So off I go.  And in case I feel the need to hide, I'm wearing a new scarf.

No comments: