Wednesday, October 23, 2013

WIP: It's Getting Cold - Time for a New Hat, New Scarf

It's getting cold - quick.  I haven't even had a chance to go through the kids' closets, or mine, to pull out sweaters and stuff.  With the windy weather, also comes the coziness of heavier yarn and a built-in excuse to keep the hooks and needles moving.  Really, the only reason I like the cold.

A hat from sock-weight yarn
This striped hat is my carry-around project. It's in my tote bag for when I'm waiting for a kid, watching some kid sports activity, or sitting in PTA meetings (shh....)  It's a sock-weight yarn, I'm using a 3.75mm hook.  It's taking forever, but it's easy.


Mohair/wool for a scarf
I'm looking at this skein of 500 yards of 50/50 mohair/wool from Brooks Farm (Lancaster, Texas) for a fall something.  I've been wanting a way-too-big or chunky scarf, and then I saw a nice assymetrical poncho the other day, so there's that.  Can you tell that it is so soft and fluffy?  Its definitely perfect for something that will hug close to my neck and around my shoulders.

My current WIP is a baby blanket - can't show it because it's not done and the momma hasn't seen it yet. I'm hoping to have it done by next week so I can deliver it and visit the cutesy baby soon.

What's on your hook or needles?



Join the conversation on Facebook: Just Piddlin' with Frances

Vote for Just Piddlin' for Top Family Blog for a 2nd year!
Circle of Moms Top 25 Family Blogs by Moms - 2013 - Vote for me!


No comments: