Friday, July 18, 2014

Mom's Going Away To-Do List

Before going away from home for a few days, I've got a pretty lengthy checklist. Before my last trip, I -
  • Baked a blueberry coffee cake for breakfast (and added eggs to the grocery list)  
  • Did about 5 loads of laundry, mostly towels, mostly picked up off the floor or pulled from swim bags
  • Washed all the cups we own and half the dishes, piled up from the day before
  • Washed and braided my daughter's hair and crossed my fingers that it would look like something when I got back  
  • Started packing for my trip
  • Fixed lunch for the kids 
  • Gave the dog her flea & tick medicine
  • Checked swim meet entries for the meet I'd miss while gone
  • Printed the calendar of activities the kids had while I would be gone  
  • Did another load of laundry when I realized no one had enough underwear to last until I came back
  • Walked the dog
  • Packed yarn & needles for my current knitting project and convention stuff I needed for my trip  
  • Folded a load of laundry, but didn't put it away (that's a lot to ask for) 
  • Finished packing, surely forgotting something  
  • Got in the car and left
 
My husband also had a business trip at about the same time. Before his trip, he -
  • Packed his clothes and work bag  
  • Got in his car and left. 
Evernote helps you remember everything and get organized effortlessly. Download Evernote.

No comments: