Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Travel journals

In preparation for our roadtrip, I suggested that the kids each make a vacation journal.  They used composition books and spiral notebooks left over from the school year and decorative paper and stickers that we already had around the house. No cost, re-using, creativity - pretty good already, right?
 
In the car, they are using them for car games. So far, we've had a couple rounds of scavenger hunts, from the vantage point of a car window; they've each written the list that I've come up with while driving up 95. They'll continue to be useful for other games and scoresheets.
 
At the end of the day, or while waiting for dinner, the kids take some time to write about the day - and who knows what else.  It's a good journaling experience for them, enhancing some writing or creative skills, or something. They also brought along a glue stick so that they can glue in souvenirs and brochures from the trip (they can't help it; their mother's a scrapbook addict). 
 
I've got one, too. It has my travel itinerary notes and also my reflections of the day. I'm following their example and trying to keep up with my journaling. 
Evernote helps you remember everything and get organized effortlessly. Download Evernote.

No comments: