Monday, September 11, 2006

How could I miss his party?

M's been my friend since we had kids and joined the same moms' group. Both of us are kinda non-social, so it takes awhile for 2 people like that to actually speak and become friends. But ever since, we've been pretty good friends - through 7 kids (total). So yesterday, was the baby's dedication. I knew about it - went shopping with her for an outfit, discussed her house rearrangement plans for the event, all that stuff. Woke up yesterday and thought "gotta go to baby's party today after church". Piddled around the house, cleaned up..... and forgot to go. How could I FORGET?! I think I'm losing my mind. Every now and then, I get a hole in my memory of where I'm supposed to be and what I'm supposed to be doing. And its not like I was all that busy. I had somewhere to go that afternoon, and I remembered that. And at the time of the party, I was sitting her folding laundry. So I don't even have a good excuse. Too bad I wasn't really sick or something, then at least I'd feel better. And now I think she's mad at me. I mean, what kind of friend misses your baby's dedication - and the dinner after it! Hopefully she will speak to me again at some time in the near future.

No comments: