Thursday, December 15, 2011

The book I'm carrying around... Night Circus

The Night CircusThe Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern


I rarely read the entire synopsis of the book on the back cover - this was no exception. I have to admit, I liked the cover and was intrigued by the idea of a magical circus that appeared at night. The beginning pulled me in. There are two great magicians, competitors would be a good description. One discovers he has a daughter, whom he chooses as his successor and challenges his competitor. The other magician does not have any offspring, so he visits the local orphanage to find his pupil. After years of training and without telling the children (now young adults) who their competitor is, they are sent off to win. Sounds like a great beginning right? I've actually gotten further than that, but I won't tell you what happens next. Oh - here's a hint - they join the circus.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

Brenda B said...

Night Cirucs is on my nightstand right now. Tried to get the kids to agree to read it together over winter break. No go. I think I have to accept they are too old for family bedtime stories. At least we can play spades together now.

Mommyx4 said...

I am loving that you are still trying to read your kids bedtime stories! Have you all read "Hugo Cabret"? It's a movie now, but the book is beautiful. We just got "Moonstruck" by the same author.