Sunday, May 13, 2012

Photo challenge - Day 13: Mother's Day

A couple of years ago, I joined this triathlon training group at my gym.  From there, I've kept swimming, biking, and running on my regular workout rotation.  I've run a few 5Ks and enjoy the challenge of not being the last one to finish, not passing out during the race, and improving my time.  Last year, I found the  Mother's Day race in a local park, and ran that.  This year, a good friend said that of her goals was to train for and run in a 5K, so I invited her to join me for this one. 

It was a great morning for a run.  They hadn't re-landscaped since last year, so there was still a big hill in the beginning and end, but I did run further up it this year than last, so that's some improvement.  We both finished with good personal times and had a fun morning to further strengthening our friendship.

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Day - NyLA Love said...

WOW. I can barely walk around the block! You go girl! Good for you and your friend!