Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Camp Cooking - Banana S'mores

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I went camping with my daughters' Girl Scouts troops this past weekend.
We went kayaking in Lewes, DE, then made our own "banana boat" desserts later
In our down time, we made a couple easy, tasty dessert treats - Peach Cobbler, (which I posted yesterday); here's the Banana S'mores.

Banana S’mores – because it’s not really a Girl Scout camp without s’mores.
The girls loved these, even the one who claimed she didn’t like bananas.

Ingredients
Bananas
Chocolate chips
Mini marshmallows
Mini graham crackers
  1. Do not peel the bananas, slit them length-wise
  2. Push the ends of the banana towards each other or use a knife to “open” the slit a little bit
  3. Fill the banana with the remaining ingredients
  4. Wrap in foil
  5. Place in oven or on grill for about 7-10 minutes, depending on temperature of oven/fire.
  6. Unwrap and enjoy!
with crushed graham crackers as a topping

a very chocolate-y version

I barely got pictures of the finished products before they were eaten!

Granola, peanut butter chocolate chips, and chopped nuts would also make tasty toppings for these banana treats.

Each girl made their own; it was so simple and easy, it could even be made my much younger kids, too.  I think I may even have the banana s'mores again for a troop meeting since they are simple and quick.
Mini S'mores made with the extra ingredients

Click and keep on Just Piddlin' with Frances on Facebook.

No comments: