Although I've shared what to pack in many of our day-to-day bags - suitcases, swim bags, gym bags, lunch boxes, etc. - in my "Pack Your Bags" posts, I don't know that I've dumped out my purse. For the fun of it, let me tell you what I've got in there. And of course the fun part - I'll show you mine, if you show me yours.
I should probably be clear here that this is "what's in my bag today, right now, in this bag." I change my purse with the weather and the agenda of the day. I'm not alone in that, right? If you've got more than usual to carry, or hanging out at the park with the kids rather than having lunch with the girls or going to work, or trying to look cute with a teeny purse that holds just a lipstick, your phone, and your driver's license. That's why we need so many purses.
What's in my purse (today):
- my calendar/date book (the green thing with the black rings) - yes, a paper-based schedule which I write in with a pen or pencil and is stuffed with random business cards, receipts, and post-it notes. I know, I'm a dying breed, but its a search I go through every year - my next calendar. This is the flexible, ring-binder - so far, I like it.
- knitting - I'm mid-scarf right now. I like small projects that fit neatly in my purse, you never know when you're going to get stuck somewhere with nothing to do and I can only read my friends' Facebook posts so many times.
- 1 pair of glasses - I have three. I'm somewhere between denial that I really do need glasses all the time and the time to go get a new pair that will combine reading and distance glasses.
- nourishment - because I'm a snacker, I try to carry healthy options so I have less excuses to stop for french fries or donuts (note - this does not always work.)
- pink notebook - because I need somewhere more permanent than my calendar to write notes.
- business cards - I'm an indie-writer and a blogger. I'm my own boss, employee, marketer, and agent. I've always got to be ready to promote my blog and my book, Life in Spades, and make connections.
- book of prayers - my sister-in-law gave me this for a birthday gift. I did not realize I would turn to it so often.
- lipstick - why would anyone ever leave home without it?
What's in your purse? What's your "never leave home without it" item?
Join the conversation on Facebook: Just Piddlin' with Frances