Friday, January 30, 2015

Superbowl Prep: What Will I Crochet or Knit?

Everybody knows it's the weekend for the big game.  Superbowl Sunday might as well be a national holiday, but somehow we have a swim meet that morning.  Yes - the big choice - watch our son swim in his meet or stay home for all the pre-game and pre-pre-game shows.  Parenting decisions!

In fact, that's only one decision to be made. There's so many others in preparation for Sunday, whether you actually know all the football rules or are just joining the crowd, waiting for the commercials.  And Lenny Kravitz at half-time! (Hey, cameraman, don't miss that.)

So there's a few basic questions:
What are we going to eat?  There are the staple tailgate options: meatballs, chili, hotdogs, chicken wings, pizza.  I think I'll do a regular chili and veggie chili (I like to use chopped mushrooms instead of meat), and then let the husband figure out the rest.  Any other ideas?

What are we going to drink? Next big question, because the normal answer, at least according to the commercials, is beer.  But I'm not really a beer drinker, except a few Belgian brands.  I know rum and wine don't sound like football watching beverages, but I'll be going with that.

Then, there's the big question: what am I going to be crocheting or knitting?  We're talking half a day in front of the TV that I don't really have to pay a lot of attention, I mean, this isn't How To Get Away with Murder, after all.  And I can't just let all that lounging around time go to waste.  I've got to think carefully - what can I work on for a few hours that doesn't have too complicated a pattern?  Something that could be done by the end of the game would be pretty awesome, like a scarf or hat.  I've got to start thinking, time's running out.


How will you be piddlin' while watching the game?


Join the conversation on Facebook: Just Piddlin' with Frances

No comments: