Saturday, April 21, 2012

A "Candy Girl" Again


Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky, Mike, Ralph. Johnny. Whose girl were you? Me - I was sure that Ronnie had especially penned "Candy Girl" just for me and felt sorry for all those jealous girls that would be in his town when he found me.


I returned for a couple hours to those teenage years when a good portion of my allowance went to Right On! Magazine and NE buttons. With the guys dancing as if, they too, had returned to those teen years, I sang along to every song. Popcorn Love, Mr. Telephone Man, My Secret to My Perogative and Sensitivity and Poison to From Boys to Men- from those brain cells deep in my brain, every word of the songs came back. For just a little while, I was again that girl with NE and Michael Jackson posters taped all over the walls and a constant rotation of Cool It Now and The Girl is Mine on the record player. It was a fun trip back down memory lane to those teenage years when we were full of fantasies and dreams.

No comments: