But I've got a couple shelves full of scrapbooking and crafting supplies! Modge podge, paper, doo-dads - meet plain brown clipboard.
- Any area that's not going to be covered in paper, paint with basic craft paint.
- Cover the rest of the clipboard with ModgePodge. It's okay if it mixes in with the glue. Lay the paper on top and smooth it out. Rub out any bubbles and wrinkles.
- Add any other embellishments you have - flowers, buttons, stickers, letters, ribbons, pictures.
- If you want a little more shine, or if you might be using this poolside, you can go over the paper with a coat or 2 or 3 of ModgePodge. (Don't ModgePodge the 3-D stuff, like my flowers.)
Ta-da! It's such an easy project and you can't mess it up! You can even do it with a margarita in hand - what else can you ask for?
You can be fancy and make our clipboard functional, too:
- Print kids' chores and to-do lists, affix the paper to the board
- Include pictures of your goals, encouraging words - it's a portable vision board!
- Use the clipboard for your daily to-do and grocery list
Join the conversation on Facebook: Just Piddlin' with Frances