Friday, May 3, 2013

Mom-Me Celebration - Day 22: Relax and do something for yourself!

Who doesn't love a Friday?  Working moms, stay-at-home moms, a little-bit-of-both moms.  It's Friday!  No school tomorrow, maybe the kids don't have to get up in the morning and maybe you don't either.  Let the big yellow bus drop off the little folks, then kick back and relax.

I asked a couple blog-ger friends how they relax and what little thing can moms do for themselves, just in case you are stuck for ideas.

Robyn Bourne owner of Sydney Austin Designs (hip handcrafted jewelry) and chief blogger for www.sydneyaustindesigns.blogspot.com
What I do to enjoy a moment for myself: I take the dog for a walk to reflect on my day and enjoy nature, being outside. Plus it gives me 30 minutes of exercise. 
All moms should have a girlfriend to vent to, cute workout clothes ( toss the ugly sweats and oversize tees), a good sunscreen, a day at the spa at least once a year, a reasonable cute pair of flats, a hot outrageous pair of heels, and a statement necklace that can be worn day or night.

From CandidBelle
To enjoy a moment for myself I take a hot shower and then I enjoy a cup of ginger peach white tea (avoiding wine while I'm breastfeeding) and some dark chocolate. 
I think moms should get a new outfit or new accessories when they can. Once you have children you always put them first, so focusing on your own sense of style can make you feel fabulous. 

Notice how the "relaxing" stuff emphasizes natural elements - walks outside, exercise, white tea.  It doesn't have to be manufactured to calm you.

And I agree that cute accessories and your own personal style are a must! Blah blah blah about feeling good about the inside of you and all that (that's important, too) but truth be told - we all feel better when we look good, right?

What about you - what you are you doing to relax?


* * *
Follow along here on my blog or on Facebook - JustPiddlin with Frances for our 30-Day Mom-Me Celebration all the way until Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool! Thanks for including me in your post. I also love dark chocolate.