Monday, March 10, 2014

Currently... panicking, excited, thinking, reminding, starting #JustPiddlin

I wrote my first "Currently..." post last Monday and I think it's a good start to the week.  Join me in considering where you are and looking forward to the days ahead.

Panicking about the fact that my baby first-born is getting ready to turn 15.  I'm rethinking the years, wondering if I've done a good enough job as her mom, and trying to think of all the stuff I need to tell her in the next 3 years before she's off on her own.  And looking for a magic potion to turn back time.  More angst-filled posts to come.

Excited about my son swimming in the state Junior Olympics meet this weekend. He's excited about even qualifying and the cool new warm-up jacket. I'm happy that his hard-work is proving some results.

Thinking about the new #BanBossy campaign.  I get the message - girls should be encouraged to be leaders and not ridiculed or put down for being outspoken, absolutely.  But my little girl is bossy.

Reminding you not to text & drive.  My new phone has an option where text message and phone call alerts do not sound when you are driving, sending a message to the caller/texter that you are driving and will get back to them later. You can set it to automatically turn on when it detects you are moving faster than 25 mph or set it manually.  What's the big deal? It's only a few seconds?  Read more about Jake's Law.

Starting to run and work-out again. I got lazy over the winter. There's still snow on the ground, but it's getting warmer. I'm ready for skirts and need to get these thighs ready, too.  Plus, we start Girls on the Run this week and I cannot get beat by those 8 years old (again).

What are you currently up to?

Join the conversation on Facebook: Just Piddlin' with Frances

No comments: