We’re getting ready to close out another year. 2014 brought more books, travel, cooking, and crafts while raising kids. Shuffling from here to there. Keeping up with homework. Cheering at basketball games, tennis matches, and swim meets. Grocery shopping and cooking meals. A lot of sorority and PTA meetings. Trying to squeeze in a little bit of time for my own stuff. And yes, despite the happy Facebook posts, there were some bad days, but as the old spiritual says, they were outweighed by the good days, so I won’t complain (too much.)
Over the year, these were the readers' favorite posts. Is your's on the list?
Books & Music
- WhereDoes My African-American Child See Herself in Books? This one was also very popular on the BlogHer website.
- Books I'm Carrying Around: The Supadupa Kid
- Books I'm Carrying Around: 12 Years a Slave, James McBride, Sue Monk Kidd
- #ColorMyShelf- Diverse Books for All Kids
- MaryJ Blige Heads to London for #TheLondonSessions
For the Kids
For the Home: Cooking & Crafts
Thanks for Just Piddlin' with me. Come on back and join me for piddlin' in 2015!
Follow on Twitter @JustPiddlinBlog
Like on Facebook: Just Piddlin' with Frances